The AWC Healthcare Information Champion Award recognizes a healthcare professional or team who has developed and implemented an innovative approach to collecting, managing, analyzing, and/or reporting healthcare information in their institution, organization, department, or community outside of the US, thereby contributing to the advancement of quality and ethical healthcare information practices and management, improved clinical outcomes, and increased revenue reimbursement.
The Champion Award winner will present their tested, practical methodology during the AWC Healthcare Information Summit, 25-26 October, in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
A healthcare professional or team outside the US who has developed, tested, and implemented an innovative approach to the collection, documentation, management, analysis, and/or reporting of healthcare information that has resulted in at least one of the following:
- Improved clinical documentation and health record accuracy
- Increased quality of care and patient outcomes
- Increased CMI
- Increased reimbursement revenue
- Improved a process or processes through the training of others on HIM best practices
- Improved communication and collaboration between HIM (coding, CDI) and physician teams
- Decreased length of stays (LOS)
- Decreased claim denials
Ann Webster, RHIA, CCS, received the 2017 Champion Award.
Nominations must be submitted using the nomination form to Cheryl Cato by e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for nominations is 6 August 2018.
The award will be presented at the AHIMA World Congress Middle East Healthcare Information Summit, 25-26 October 2018, in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
The winner will present their tested and proven methodology at the Summit.