Certification in Medical Quality
- Registration: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Exam Venue: Al Bateen II Ballroom, Grand Hyatt Hotel, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Exam Timings: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Exam Duration: 2 Hours
- Proctors: Beverly Collins, Dan Westphal
AMERICAN BOARD OF MEDICAL QUALITY
Guidelines for Certification Examination Candidates
- Arrive at exam site at least 20 minutes before the exam is scheduled.
- Check in outside the exam room: show photo ID; sign your name on the sign-in sheet; pick up your badge. Badges must be worn inside the exam room.
- Place briefcases, computers, books, luggage, etc. at rear of room or along the side walls, well away from exam seats and tables. You may have your wallet or purse with you, but no access is permitted during the exam. Turn off pagers, beepers, and cell phones.
- Do not bring any food or beverages to the exam site. Water will be provided in the rear of the exam room.
- Do not open exam books until instructed by the chief proctor.
- Write your name and candidate ID number (provided on your badge) at the top of answer sheet when instructed to do so by the chief proctor.
- Use a #2 lead pencil. Proctors have a supply of pencils and erasers.
- The chief proctor will welcome and brief the candidates and will announce the allotted time for the exam. Time will be called at 60 minutes, 30 minutes, 15 minutes, and the final 5 minutes, at the end of which the chief proctor will instruct all remaining candidates to close books and put pencils down.
- To communicate with a proctor please raise your hand. There must be no communication between candidates.
- There will be no official breaks during the exam. When leaving room for a personal break, turn answer sheet face down on the table at your seat. Show badge to door proctor upon exit and re-entry.
- Candidates who complete the exam before the 5-minute call time may take their exam book/and answer sheet to the front proctor desk and wait until all materials are verified and documented. Candidates will then quietly leave the area, communicating with no one in halls or rest rooms, some of whom may be on a break and not have completed the exam.
- No candidate may leave the exam room after the 5-minute call until the exam is officially declared over and the count of exam books and answer sheets is verified with badge and ID.