Call For Abstract
The scientific committee of 9th International Pediatric Congress of Hypospadias and Disorder of Sex Development (ISHID) in association with World Federation of Associations of Pediatric Surgeons (WOFAPS) invites you to submit your abstracts in the areas of congenital anomalies and disorder of sex development for oral presentation at the conference on March 27-28, 2020 to be held at Bab Al Qasr Hotel in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Abstracts are peer reviewed for quality of research, educational or scientific content, and related fields. Accepted abstracts are scheduled for oral presentation based on relevance, best practices, case studies and completeness of the required information submitted. Participants want real life examples of what works and practical take-away tools/solutions.
We are inviting all healthcare professionals to submit abstracts for Oral Presentation on the following topics:
- Normal and Abnormal Genital Development
- DSD Peri-natal management
- DSD - Early Assessment and Treatment
- Prenatal Intervention
- Post-natal management of DSD
- DSD from Endocrinological Aspect
- CAH Surgery and Outcomes
- Complicated Hypospadias: Integrated Management
- Disorders of sex development: is it all in the genes?
- Hypospadias: Hypospadias Concepts and Minor Issues
- GONADS IN DSD
- Gonads and gender identity
- Endocrine function of retained gonads
- Premalignant potential of Gonads
- Hypospadias: Distal Hypospadias Technique
- Hypospadias: Single Stage vs Two Stage
- Hypospadias: More than Surgery (Epidemiology, Genetics, Adjuvant endocrine therapy, Penile perception)
- Psychological Assessment of DSD
- Disorders of sex development (DSD): Quality of Life
- Interactive Cases Discussion
- Meet the Experts Session
- FEBRUARY 29 2020 - Deadline of submitted Abstracts
- MARCH 6, 2020 - Notification of accepted Abstracts
*Please note that the above dates might change without prior notice as per advice from the committee. Submitters will also be notified if any changes occur.
- All abstracts must be prepared using the abstract submission guidelines
- Each presenter may submit a maximum of two abstracts
- Each abstract submission must indicate if the material was published or presented in any national or international Conference or if it received any awards
- All presenters will be registered to attend the Conference if abstract is accepted and be present at the time of the Congress
- A certificate of appreciation will be given to all the presenters to honor their presentation
- Presenters must not use the session as a marketing opportunity for products/equipment
Submitters are advised to keep the following guidelines in mind when planning both the abstracts and presentations:
Abstracts must contain original scientific data collected by the author(s). All reports must be based on work that has already been completed.
No studies "in progress" will be accepted. The abstracts will be scored on the following criteria:
- Concept and design
- Other characteristics
Language: All abstracts are to be written in English. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to edit abstracts for grammar and clarity.
Title of Abstract: The abstract title should be concise and clearly convey the subject of the abstract.
Author Details: Up to 5 names (co-authors / collaborators) maybe included on each submitted abstracts. However, there should only be one presenter in case the submitted abstract is accepted for oral.
Abstract Sections: The abstract is divided into 4 sections: Background, Methods, Results, Conclusion. Tables / Figures are not allowed at this point. We request to fill out each section of the abstract to not more than 300 words.
- Background - Briefly and clearly describe the hypothesis of the study. Why was the study conducted?
- Method - Detail the experimental methods and processes employed in the study. What did you do?
- Results - Describe the precise findings of the study; promises of results “to be determined” are not acceptable. Describe what you found and include data.
- Conclusion - Describe logically sound conclusions and reliable inferences drawn from the study results. Why are the study’s findings important?
- All abstract must be submitted via the abstract form which can be downloaded at www.menaconference.com
- Filled abstract should be sent to Ms. Andra via email email@example.com
- Abstract submission will be acknowledged via email. If you do not receive an email within one week of submission or have any additional queries please contact: Ms. Andra at +971 24919888
Attach Abstract Presentation
Allowed file formats : Pdf .doc . Docx only
* Fields are mandatory.